verse of the day

Friday 30 September 2011

Not perfection but yieldedness.[ 1 Corinthians 2 v 1- 5 ]

I noticed in my last blog I left out some words in the prayer, sometimes I think I am by my sell buy date. One of the things God has tried to teach me is this, especially in relation to my preaching, I am not there to perform, I am there to minister,there is a big difference between performing and ministering. One of the greatest and most effective evangelist , I know of was a man called W.P. Nicholson ,this man was used mightly in the salvation of thousands of souls in my dear homeland. He had a homely if sometimes vulgar deliverary in his preaching. Speaking of the devil, he said, /The devils a dirty old pig/, I remember hearing him say about someone kissing a person who smoked, he said it was like kissing an old cow/.God used that man in a remarkable way to bring revival to Ulster, my own dear grandmother made a decision for Christ after hearing him preach.I know we should do our best when preaching ,seek to manifest an excellency at all times, true and all that this is, God does not require perfection, but rather a yieldedness to Christ.


A prayer. /Dear God help me to always do my best in my service for You,but dear God help me to realize that it is not by might nor by power, but it is by your Spirit that will make the difference. in Jesus name . Amen . /

No comments: