verse of the day

Monday 26 September 2011

The backslider. [ Hosea 14 v 4 ]

The book of Galations was written by the apostle Paul to Christians, who were in danger of going back into leagalisim, to live under the law,you can sense the pain and frustration Paul is feeling as regards this. In 3 v1 we have him writing,O foolish Galations, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth. It is such a sad thing when people go back from following Christ, I have seen it happen many, times,I remember a chap many years ago he was a bright Christian, and then he backslid, I remember talking to him reasoning with him,and as I spoke to him, I started to cry. It is said that the angels rejoice over one sinner that repenteth ,[Luke 15 v 7 ], but I wonder do they shed a tear ,when that same person turns away. Again Paul asks the question, ye did run well ,who did hinder you,that ye should not obey the truth?[5 v7 ]Is the backslider lost?, if they were trully Christs, no,but it appears to me that they are in a very precarious position, no one should presume on the mercy of God. Let us pray for those who once ran well, and have gone back, that they may return to the Lord, who still loves them.
I,ve wandered far away from God,
Now Im coming home,
The paths of sin too long I,ve trod,
Lord Im coming home.
A prayer /Dear God we bring to You the backsliders, those who once followed You,we pause
and mention their names to You,have mercy and restore them to Yourself, in Jesus
name Amen.

No comments: