verse of the day

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Run not before Him. [Proverbs 3 v5-6 ]

One of the tensions in the Christian life for me, and indeed I am sure for many Christians is to know Gods will, mybe its the important detail that throws us. For most of my Christian life , I believe God has called me to preach, the words of Jeremiah come to mind, when he declared ,His word burns in my heart like a fire. Its like a fire in my bones, I am worn out trying to hold it in, I cant do it [20 v9 ], or like Paul who declared, woe is unto me if I preach not the gospel [1 Corinthians 9 v16]. The question is how and where does one fulfill this call upon ones life?there are denominational barriers, theological barriers, mybe even personal barriers,and practical barriers. It is so easy to become frustrated, and act out of those frustrations, a verse of a hymn comes to mind ,run not before Him , let Him be your guide. As I look back I can clearly see Gods leading , and thats the important thing to remember, He is leading ,and has promised to lead us[Psalm 23 v2 ] Today let us not fret or worry, our lives are in His safe hands,he will make a way, yes even where there appears to be no way, so trust Him. [Dear Lord help us to trust You to lead and guide us, as You have promised. Amen ]

No comments: