verse of the day

Tuesday 19 July 2011

The Lord preserves. [ Psalm 121]

Yesterday something unexpected happened,I was collecting two people in my car,the person in the back seat ,an elderly person was having trouble with her seat belt, I went to help her,but I had not put my hand brake on. As I leaned over to help the lady , my car started to roll forward,begining to trap my foot under the back wheel. Now my front seat passenger is a very unwell person mentally, and yet he had the sense to put the handbrake on, so saving my foot from being crushed. This event could have turned out so differently, but God was gracious and preserved me from any harm, we can take all the precutions we can, in driving,and in so many areas of life, and we should, but it is God who preserves us . I have not driven thousands of miles and escaped injury by my skill as a driver [my wife would agree with that] , no,God has preserved me. John Ryland wrote, / Plagues and deaths around me fly. Till He bids, I cannot die, Not a single shaft can hit. Till the God of love sees fit./[ Dear God help us always to act in a responsible way,but help us, always to bear in mind, that You and You alone preserve and keep us safe, in Jesus name . Amen ]

No comments: