verse of the day

Monday 4 July 2011

The gospel. [ Romans 1 v 16 ]

I go to speak occasionally at a fellowship run by two dear elderly ladies ,they still use old hymn books, and old chorus books, in some ways it is like being back in the past. This is not a criticism, I really enjoy going there although the music is played at to high a key and I find it hard to sing. When they invite me to speak they say,we want you to preach the gospel,which I gladly do.It was a tradition in Ulster that every Sunday evening, the gospel would be preached, as a backslider 47yrs ago I heard that old ,old story, and was restored to my Saviour . Many things are preached in the church these days, but we really do need to preach the gospel, when we neglect to do this, we are failing to be faithful to our calling. We live in a world of change, but mankinds need have not changed, sin is still sin ,Hell is still Hell, Heaven is still Heaven, and if people are going to be saved from Hell , and go to Heaven, they need to hear that old, old gospel, of a Saviour called Jesus, who alone can forgive their sins.[ Dear God help us to be faithful to Your Gospel, in our churches,or wherever we may be, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: