verse of the day

Saturday 16 July 2011

No concessions. [ 2 Timothy 4 v 7- 8 ]

George Muller died in his eighties, and died quietly in his sleep, he left a wonderful testimony, to the glory of God, near the end of his life, he said on a number of occasions, that he might not disgrace the Lord in his old age, and become a wicked old man. I can identify with those remarks ,for I know that although I have a good relationship with my Lord, and have proved Him time and time again. He has blessed me in so many ways, and continues to do so, but I still experience temptations,and it would be so easy to yield to those temptations. Like George Muller I pray I might not disgrace my Lord in my old age, and become a wicked old man. The Bible reminds us that while we are citizens of planet earth,we must be on our guard, and to continually ,rely on our Lord for grace to overcome temptations, and all the difficulties we meet. The devil has no pity for the old, and will ever be looking for ways to trip us up, he gives no concessions for senior citizens. No matter how old we are, we may be as old as Methuselah, but we still need to press on to our heavenly goal.[ Dear God grant us grace in our old age ,to not digrace You, and commit some wicked thing, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: