verse of the day

Saturday 2 July 2011

A relationship with God. [ 1 John 3 v 1-2 ]

I was asked by a friend, would I would pray for her, of course I said I would, then I said to her,you can pray, this appeared to make her think, about doing something that she appears to shy away from, I wonder why?. Could it be that she realizes that prayer is based on a relationship, she has not trusted the Saviour ,yet, I am praying that she will. The whole point of Christ coming and dying on the cross is to bring people into a relationship, a right relationship, in life many are in wrong relationship,many feel that they are in right relationship with God, and they are not. Many who once had a relationship with God have left it , for a lesser relationship, they have left their first love, and are only go through the motions. Others have never experienced that first love, and to them praying is a strange ,unwelcoming experience, which they dont understand. I was thinking of the vastness of the universe, and God who made it ,upholds it,and sustains it, and how minute this planet earth is, and how minute we are. But here is the wonder of it all, this little planet ,and its inhabitants are the the continual focus of that great God,not only does He focus on it and us ,but we are told that, He so loved this world[you and I] that He gave Jesus to die for us, and if we but trust Him ,we will become His children, which is a wonderful relationship to come into. [ Dear God we thank You ,that desire us all to know you, and to experience a wonderful relationship through Jesus your son Amen.]

No comments: