verse of the day

Monday 11 July 2011

Pain. [ Hebrews 4 v 15-16 ]

While visiting my son and his wife I was stung by a wasp, this is the second time in my life I have experienced being stung, and let me tell you ,it was not a nice experience. When I hear of someone being stung, I will appreciate what it means, that little creature can trully inflict a lot of pain. Now we all try to avoid pain we take precutions, who likes going to the dentist? I go regularly, but I dont enjoy it, but I know that it is neccessary. Is pain neccessary? did I have to be stung by a wasp,is it necessary for our loved ones to suffer pain?,lets face it, it is painful to watch those we love suffer pain, our chidren, our aged parents. Their are many lessons we can learn from pain, and one of them is, we suddenly understand, how others feel, and our hearts go out to them in a more understanding manner. Not only do we understand ,we are more willing to help them ,to pray at a deeper level for them, to weep with them . You see that is what makes Jesus the perfect high priest, we read in Hebrews 4 v15,/ This high priest of our understands our weaknesses,for He faced all the same testings we do , yet He did not sin./ So today go to Jesus in your pain to the one who trully and fully understands, and recieve mercy and grace to help . [Dear Lord Jesus help us in our pain, we thank you for totally understanding how we feel, grant us the necessary grace we need. Amen ]

No comments: