verse of the day

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Be discerning [ Matthew 22 v 23-33 ]

In 1Corinthians 10v15 we read, / I appeal to your reason and your discernment in these things [Amp. Version ]/these are important words and principles. We must have discernment, some things are black and white, but other things are not, a JW ,or a Mormon, comes to your door, and it appears what they represent, and present are Christian, but it is not so, they use religious language, but when we examine it ,we find that what they mean is not what the word of God teaches. I have two favourite authors,[Christian] but I do not accept willy nilly what they say, there are things which they say I disagree with. When it comes to preachers we must also be discerning, we often can get carried away by their personalities,so we must be careful. Judge everything by Gods word, even yourself, your actions, motives, your beliefs,we are not speaking of being cynical, but discerning. [ Dear God help me to be discerning, in all things, help me not to be fooled,or taken in by others and especially by myself, in Jesus name .Amen]

No comments: