verse of the day

Sunday 1 May 2011

My times are in Thy hand.[ Psalm23]

Let us continue to consider Psalm 31 and verse 15,/ My times are in Thy hands,in saying this he is reminding himself that there are no second causes,not circumstances, not even in his own hands. In a world that appears out of control, the eye of faith declares,my God is in control,and so I can have confidence, that all will be well[Romans 8 v28 ].I recently purchased an ornament, it is of a large hand, and two people are sitting on it, and it is called,/in safe hands/.Is this not what David was saying ,inspite of all he was going through, he was in safe hands,he was trusting God with his future and his here and now.Our Saviour told us that no one can pluck us out of the hands of our heavenly Father [John 10v29 ],today child of God remind yourself that you are in safe hands. Whatever changes may come into our lives,we are in safe hands, come what may,hands that will keep us safe ,all the days of our lives. Henry F.Lyte wrote, /My times are in Thy hand. My God I wish them there..... My times are in Thy hand. Why should I doubt or fear? A Fathers hand will never cause, His child a needless fear. My times are in Thy hand. Jesus the crucified. Thy hand my cruel sins have pirced, Is now my guard and guide/. [ Dear God we rejoice that our times are in Your sovereign hands, so help us trust and not be afraid, in the name of Jesus . Amen]

No comments: