verse of the day

Tuesday 10 May 2011

T L C. [1 Corinthians 13 [The Message ]

We read in John 11 v 35 these simple but profound words, Jesus wept, so often we read of Jesus being moved with compassion, when He healed , He did it out of love, when He fed the hungry, He did it out of love. His whole mission in coming ,was motivated by love [John 3v 16 ], He never acted just out of duty, but out of love, you see it is possible to do things, even noble things, without love. Yes people need help, but what they need is loving help, so many people are crying out for T L C, tender loving care.When I started in my present job, working with mentally ill people, I was introduced to the word, empathy, what does empathy mean,it means,to understand and enter into how another person is feeling. The doctor who just precribes, and writes prescriptions, and who does not feel empathy, is lacking ,and same goes for us. And yet I feel love goes deeper than empathy, much deeper, for it will involve an echo of Calvary love, a love that will sacrifice self, a love that will not want its own way, do read 1 Corinthians 13, in the Message[ A paraphrase version of the Bible]. [Oh God of love forgive me for my unloving ways,thoughts ,and words, help me to change and be more, and more like my Saviour. Amen ]

No comments: