verse of the day

Monday 23 May 2011

Blessings. [ Psalm 32 v 1-2 ]

When we sneeze we say bless me or someone else may say it, I wonder why ?,as a Christian I realize that the most important thing in my life is to know the blessing of God in my life. The Christian life begins with a blessing we read of it in Psalm 32 v1,/ Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered./ This blessing comes not through merit or effort on our part, but by the Grace of God, for by grace are we saved and that not of ourselves, it is a gift from God[ Ephesians 2 v8 ].We recieve this gift when we come to God ,acknowledging our sinfulness,and trust Jesus to save us. The only way we can experience this blessing is to seek it,we have it wonderfully illustrated in Luke 15, where we read of a young man who dug a deep pit for himself. This young man had slept with whores, wasted his money and his life,he had not given much thought to the consequences,the result he ended up in deep poverty,nearly naked,shoeless,and starving. At his lowest ebb we read,he came to himself,and said ,I will arise and go to my father,and the wonderful thing is this, his father recieved him. This is a picture of sinners who come to an end of themselves,and come to God the father in all their need,when they do this, they experience that wonderful blessing we read in Psalm 32 v1. Mybe you are like this young man at your lowest ebb, why not arise and come to Jesus, the Father will recieve you and forgive you ,all your sins. Here is a prayer you could pray. [Dear God I come to you in all my need, receive me, forgive me ,through Jesus Your son. Amen ]

No comments: