verse of the day

Friday 27 May 2011

Value Him. [ Philippians 3 ]

I wrote this recently,/ We hang unto the rubbish in our lives, feeling that Christ wants to impoverish and weaken us, instead of realizing that He wants to enrich and empower us./It was the apostle Paul who spoke of the things that he once held dear,to him it was his pedigree,and religious standing, these things were everything to him, he was prepared to die for them and even kill for them. Them one day something happened ,he had a revelation of Christ,and all things changed, he not only saw what was important, but who was important, Christ,and so he writes in Philippians 3 v 8. /All the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life.Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my master, firsthand, everything I once I had going for me is insignificant , dog dung, I,ve dumped it all in the trash, so I could embrace Christ and be embraced by Him/. Let us ask the question,do we treasure Christ above all else, are we choosing dog dung ? ,have we failed to appreciate what is important , and who is important, Christ. [ Dear God help us to see that the most important thing in life is to know Christ, to value Him more than all else. Amen ]

No comments: