verse of the day

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Trust . [Proverbs 3 v 5-6 ]

In Proverbs 20 v24 we read ,/ Mans going are of the Lord, how can a man then understand his own way?/.I would commend to your reading the commentary by Charles Bridges on Proverbs on this verse. His opening remarks are these,/Gods uncontrollable power and sovereignty, mans absolute dependance and helplessness- let these be foundation principiles/. We do know what any day will bring forth [Proverbs 27 v1 ], as Joseph set out to see his brothers he did not realise,what that would lead to [Genesis 37], slavery,prison,and them being promoted to a position of power. We are not to live in fear of events, many people are living in such fear,we are called to trust God . If we are a child of God, hear this, though you may have heard it before, that God will work out everything for your good, let me stress the everything, God tells us clearly this truth in the words of Romans 8 v28, and in the lives of His saints that we read of in the bible. I finish with the words of C Bridges,which is a prayer, we could all pray it/ Often do I look back amazed at the strangeness of my course, so different, so contrary to my way. But it is enough for me, that all is in thine hands,that my steps are ordered of Thee [Psalm 37v23/16v9 ]. I dare trust thy wisdom, Thy goodness, Thy tenderness, Thy faithful care.Lead me - uphold me- forsake me not. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterwards receive me to Glory/.Amen .

No comments: