verse of the day

Monday 30 May 2011

The glory of God. [ John 12 v23 36 ]

As a Christian the most important challenge in my life is to glorify God,our Saviour declared,I have glorified Thee on the earth [John17 v4 ], in every aspect of His life He glorified God, and especially in His death on a cross. It is understandable that we want to be free from problems in life , and so we pray for there removal, but the reality is ,they may not be removed [2 Corinthians 12 v 8 ff],we may not recieve the healing we prayed for ,or that perfect family, or that perfect marriage. Our Saviour prayed as He was facing death on a cross, if it was possible that He may not have to go through with it, have we not all prayed such prayers?. This is often where we stop praying, and yes in the will of God it may happen, but Jesus did not stop praying ,for the removal of the cross, He went on to pray, /Yet, I want your will not mine/. In John 12 v28 ,our Saviour prayed ,/Father glorify your name/, Ezekiel Hopkins wrote the following on this, /Though life is naturally dear,and the cup which I am to drink, very bitter,and the wrath that I am to undergo, heavy and infinite, yet all these things are not so considerable to me as your glory, and therefore , though it will bring agonies, by death, by the cross, yet, Father, glorify your name/. [ Dear God help me to see that the most important thing in my life is your glory,help me never to loose sight of this, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: