verse of the day

Monday 14 December 2009

Scarred[ Isaiah 53 ]

Scars of honour and scars of shame, on my left leg I have a scar, it was caused by a firework, I have carried that scar for all of my life , it is a reminder of a painful experience. I was listening to the wireless[ that word shows my age], and I heard the reader speak of having no childhood scars, he is very fortunate, for many ,many, people have scars from their childhood, they are not physical, but they are real and lasting, and cannot be removed by plastic surgery.they are scars of shame.Many in Ireland have them ,it was with great sadness ,that I read the news of the terrible, horrendous, awful abuses by priests,on children. Today let us pray for those dear people in Ireland who have suffered abuse, and indeed for all such people, people who been scarred by others.[ Dear God we bring to You all those who have been scarred by others, that You would grant healing, in Jesus name Amen]

No comments: