verse of the day

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Salt. [Matthew 5 v13]

In John Blanchards excellent book,/ Does God believe in Atheists?,he writes that Voltaire said,/ I want my lawyer, tailor, valets, even my wife to believe in God. I think if they do, I shall be robbed less and cheated less/. A belief in God should make a difference in peoples lives, that is a general statement, I want to narrow it down to a belief in Christ. If we are Christians then it should follow that people are able to trust us with their money, their children,their wives, our Lord expects nothing less. Our Saviour said that we are the salt[Matthew 5v13], that is the challenge we are faced with everyday, if we loose that , if we fail to be the salt then we are of little value to God.[ Dear God help us to be the salt of the earth today, to make a difference for good, to be trustworthy, loving ,and faithful in Jesus name.]

No comments: