verse of the day

Sunday 13 December 2009

Hell. [Acts 16 v31]

I am reading a book by James Joyce,/ A portrait of the artist as a young man/, I personally find it a bit hard to read, although it is very well written. The setting of the book is Ireland, and the life of a young J Joyce, there is one part of the book , where a priest is speaking on Hell, it is not pleasant reading, in fact to me it was a very painful thing to read. The priest covers the subject of Hell in a very full measure, I believe in Hell, although I dont speak on it much. I remember years ago a fellow Christian told how he had a dream, he was in a plane and he was heading into flames, and he heard a voice saying that is where you are going ,if you do not accept Christ, he did accept Christ.Hell is not something the preacher makes up , it is taught clearly in Gods word, there is a heaven and there is a hell,Jesus came to save us from Hell , and to take us to Heaven.[ Dear God help us to believe Your word as regards Hell, and help us to believe in Your Son Jesus to save us from it . Amen ]

No comments: