verse of the day

Friday 25 December 2009

A favourite Carol.[luke 2 v8-14]

Do you have a favourite carol, I have a number, Silent night, O Little town of Bethlehem, Away in a manger,now I know it is easy to criticise some of these carols, the one thing I would say is they dont lead anybody astray,for they are all without exception about Jesus. Christmas in the west is a far cry from what it should be, yet we hope and pray that in spite of this, some will be led to the truth of knowing Christ as their Saviour. To retun to the subject of carols one carol I am very fond of is,/ In the bleak mid -winter/, I know that it is obvious Christ was not born in the bleak mid-winter, but somehow it appears to ring true as we look out at this Christmas, this year.It is the last verse that to me is the most meaningful, and challenging,/What can I give Him poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb, If I were a wise man, I would do my part, yet what I can I give Him- give my heart./[Dear God , we thank You that You so loved the world, that You gave your only begotten Son that whosoever would believe in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. Amen ]

No comments: