verse of the day

Sunday 16 August 2009

Thats why I came [ Ephesians 2 v1-5]

I got upset recently whan someone swore at me on the phone , and I become upset when I read some things in the paper, something like child abuse , and I prayed about these things, and the Lord said to me,/ thats why I came/. Many of us live comfortable lives , and while we may know the theology, that man is a sinner, it does not impact on our lives. So today if you are shocked by some news item , or someone does something horrible, let this be a timely reminder , that is why Jesus came, that is why He died a horrible death on a cross . Let it be a wake up call to all of us of why Jesus came, He came because every single one of us had sinned and come short of the glory of God. God did not turn away in disgust, no He moved in Love, by sending His dear Son, to rescue the perishing, and to care for the dying, and for us who have experienced this, He says, so send I you. [ Dear God you see , and know all things, humanity in all its awfulness, yet You stll love them, and seek to rescue them, through Your Son Jesus,we thank You for rescuing us,we ask that we may be willing to go forth and tell others of Your great love, in Jesus name. Amen ]

No comments: