verse of the day

Monday 3 August 2009

The first time [ John 3 v7-8]

Yesterday my son John preached for the first time,I wonder can you remember those first times in your life when you did something,I remember the first girl I kissed, I remember my first plane trip,my first job,my first home when I got married, my first time in England. I also remember when I first trusted Jesus as my Saviour , it was at a childrens meeting, the speaker was known as the Hallelujah milk man , I dont how he got that name ,but I do remember what he spoke on,I dont remember how old I was, between five and ten, that is over fifty five years ago.That was the most important first time experience of my life, because it sealed my eternal destiny, it gave me an awareness of Christ ,that never left me, even though at times I wandered away from Him, I thank God for that first time.[Dear God help us all to realize that their must be a first time to trust your son Jesus as our Saviour. Amen]

1 comment:

john heasley said...

I was with you on that first flight, to Belfast.