verse of the day

Saturday 29 August 2009

That they may see.[ Luke 10 v29-37]

While in hospital a doctor and others came round to examine me, the doctor snatched my notes, from a colleague, he then went on to shake my hand ,an introduced himself to me, and then examined me. I dont remember his name or much of what he said, but I do remember his rudeness with his colleague. I wonder what people remember about us? I remember a pastor who used to say ,they are watching. I wonder what my colleagues in work will remember me for? what will my children remember me for?, and so we could go on, it is very challenging, our dear Saviour said,/that they may see[Matthew5v16. av]/. A holy life is a loving life, holiness has got a very bad press,think of the so called holy people of Islam,or of holy Joe,s everywhere, they are so often far from loving, and then think of our dear Saviour, what a contrast, He was never rude or unkind, He was and is everything we should be. [ Dear Saviour forgive us for our failings, and grant us the grace to trully reflect You in these lives of ours, to those who are watching us, and with all we have contact with .Amen]

No comments: