verse of the day

Saturday 25 November 2023

What a mess .( Isaiah 55 v 12 )

 I was in my kitchen and as I opened one of the doors to get something out,and I heard a bang,and I looked down,a jar of tomato puree,had fallen out and smashed on the floor,what a mess. Yes it was a mess,but it wasn't to hard to clean up, thankfully,but some messes are not so easy to clear up.people do all sorts of things,and there comes a point when they look and say,'what a mess I've got myself into.' Many people in prison must think that,likewise many people destroy their marriages by getting involved with someone they shouldn't have.There are young people who have stabbed and killed another young person, and when the dust has settled,and they are in their prison cell,they will think what a mess I  have got myself into.Is gambling a sin?what I do know is this,it has ruined many peoples lives,likewise alcohol ,so many peoples lives become a mess of their own creation.Our dear Saviour told a wonderful story  that illustrates how the mess people can get themselves into deep trouble of their own making ,we read about in Luke 15 v 11ff,of a young man who had everything,but lost it all,and found himself in desperate straits,and he knew it.what a  mess he was in,no one would help him. No one but his father,the father who loved him.Fathers are like that ,and he did help him,and his life was changed for the better.The father in that story is a picture of God who loves mankind,that is why Jesus came, if your life is mess  for whatever reason,there is one you can turn to,Jesus and I can assure you He can forgive you and change you,like no one else can.

                                                  ' Out of my shameful failure and loss,

                                                    Jesus,I come! Jesus, I  come!

                                                    Into the glorious gain of The cross,

                                                    Jesus,I come to Thee !

                                                           Words  W T.Sleeper.







































































1

No comments: