verse of the day

Saturday 11 November 2023

Being generous ( Luke 6 v 38 )

 When our Lord performed the feeding of  the 5000  John 6 there was left overs,the fact is our Lord is very generous,oh yes I know that we are told that our needs will be supplied,and that's very true,as Israel experienced in the wilderness,but there are times when are cup runs over,or overflows with His blessings. The word of God tells us He will do 'exceeding abundantly above all we ask or think'(Ephesians 3 v 20 ) God is the giving God,and here is challenge for all of us  He wants us to be like Him,to have an open hand,not a clinched fist. Remember God delights in a cheerful giver, I personally try to live up to that,but I don't always succeed ,while on holiday recently,with my wife,our son ,his wife and our two grandchildren, we went into a restaurant for a meal.  The young girl that served us very helpful and I felt I should give her a tip,let me say tipping is not necessary in our country, I only had 10 pound on me,but I wanted to give her five pound,so I didn't  give anything,but I did personally thank her .Later on I thought I should have given  her the 10 pound, I could afford to do that, it is an on going challenge,to be generous like our loving heavenly Father.

No comments: