verse of the day

Sunday 12 November 2023

Heed the warnings. ( John 3 v36 )

We have two alarm detectors in our home,a smoke detector,and a carbon monoxide detector,most homes have them,but some don't. I mention this because of an incident that happened in one of my son's home,my wife and I where visiting him and the family. While we there the carbon Monoxide alarm went off,my son had turned on the central heating, but the boiler was malfunctioning,and it was pouring out carbon monoxide. We responded by turning the gas off and opening the windows.my son phoned the emergency people,who soon arrived.Here is something we were told ,that little detector saved our lives, because this gas has no smell,it will surely kill if left undetected. I read that it is a leading cause of deaths by poisoning in the United States, about 40 people die of it in the U K .I thank God for the warning the detector give us,that our lives have been spared.  The prophets of old were like alarm detectors , warning the people to forsake their sins and turn to God,Jonah is a fine example of that ,he told the people of Nineveh that in forty days judgement was coming from God, because of their sin,so they responded and God forgave them and judgement did not come .What about now?,the fact is that every Christian is meant to be a warning detector,because God has not changed,He still will judge sinners,unless they  like Nineveh, repent ,forsake their sins,and come to Christ to forgive them. Consider this if  we had ignored the warning given off  by the alarm detector we would have all died, I urge you, don't ignore the warning that I am giving.

                                                      'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ

                                                      and you shall be saved'.

                                                               Acts 31 v16

No comments: