verse of the day

Wednesday 15 November 2023

Not listening. ( Mark 14 v 61 -64)

 While visiting my son and family recently ,I  noticed a group of  Jw's, it reminds me of the many time I  witnessed to these people,. I do not know what good it did,it often left me frustrated and wondering was it worth my while speaking to them.Let us remember they are not seeking the truth,they believe they have the truth,they are not wanting to hear what you believe,they want you to believe the teaching of their founder Charles Taze Russell a man who broke away from Christianity,rejecting the doctrine of the trinity,and many other things. They have their own translation ,which mistranslations so much,the most obvious one is John 1 v 1,which reads,'In the beginning was the word, and one of the main things he  emphasises that Christ  is God'. The writer of that gospel was John a orthodox Jew, and one the main purpose was to declare the deity of Christ  John 20 v 31,the term,' Son Of God',  is a divine title,( John 10 v33)    There are many scriptures that clearly teach the deity of  Christ, So what do the Jw's do?, they alter the scriptures, the most  obvious one is the one I mentioned John 1 v1,  where they change ,'the Word was God', to the ,'Word was a god'. those who know Greek say it cannot be translated that way.  That will make no difference to Jw's , remember that,so tread carefully and prayerfully when you come into contact  with them, and remember they are not really listening to what you will say.

No comments: