verse of the day

Friday 24 November 2023

I don't want to preach that. ( Ezekiel 2 v 7 )

 I sometimes wish I  could leave out certain things in my blog, but I can't,what am I referring to?,mankind's sinful condition,and the terrible consequence that follows. Wonderful,wonderful,there is heaven,for those who receive Christ as their Saviour. By the grace of God you have done that, as I have,and we can say or sing,'Amazing Grace that saves a wretch like me,I once was lost but now am found,was blind but now I see'.What a blessed assurance to know that one is saved,and we are going to heaven,what a wonder it will be when we arrive in that place that Christ has prepared for us.Which leads me unto  the other thing I don't like preaching but first let me tell you what a friend told me once. He was attending  his fathers funeral,I knew his father, he was named after him.He told me as the coffin was being lowered into the grave,his thoughts were not on his father,but rather on himself,and what awaited him beyond the grave. He had every right to be afraid,  and here is what I would rather not preach on,hell. Why? ,because I know it's awful, many ministers don't preach it,don't even mention it, the prophets  did not shy away from speaking  about judgement ,and many of them paid the price  for doing that.( Matthew 23 v37).There was a little rug in the pulpit I used to preach in, it had these words on it,'Preach the Word', yes even though you find it hard,and even though people don't want to here it.

No comments: