verse of the day

Monday 11 September 2023

Turing back, never. ( Psalm 23 )

 A hymn by Anna  L .Waring brings back memories of when  my wife and I were at Bible college, it was a a  testing time for we had no income coming in,we were sorely depending on God to supply our needs.Let me also add we had three children,it was very challenging,the principal spoke to me once,and he said he would understand if we had to give up, but we didn't,God tested us, we didn't give up,and God wonderfully provided for our needs.So I am going to leave you with the words of the second verse of the  hymn by A L. Waring,

                                                         'Wherever He may guide me,

                                                          No want shall turn me back;

                                                          My Shepherd is beside me

                                                         And nothing can I lack;

                                                         His wisdom ever waketh ,

                                                         His sight is never dim;

                                                         He knows the way He taketh     

                                                        And I will walk with Him.

                                              William Plummer wrote the following, 

                      'In every undertaking God is not only our Chief,but our sole dependence.

No comments: