verse of the day

Tuesday 26 September 2023

Lost . ( Luke 19 v 10 )

 Tale of the unexpected, we were visiting our youngest son and family,during our visit,my wife told us she could not find her car key,she was not a happy bunny,and although we hunted  everywhere,we could not find that key,of course I prayed.It appeared that our son  would take us home in his car to collect the spare key,and then drive back,a round journey of 200 miles. But the story did not end there, I decided to look in my son's car,and loo and behold,there it was ,it must have slipped out of my wife's pocket .What a relief ,I give thanks to God,and wife breathed a sigh of relief ,and of course so did I. People cry over many things they have lost,but I wonder  how many cry over their lost estate?,and of course in case you didn't know ,that's very ,very serious.Today my wife and I will be flying to Belfast to attend my older brothers wife's funeral. she was a lovely person, when I attend a funeral ,or speak at a funeral whoever it may be,I stress the importance of being ready, it is sad that in spite of everyone knowing that they are going to die,very few  are ready for what await them after death,to say the least,it is utterly fool Hardy,to ignore the importance of knowing Jesus as their Saviour, dying a lost soul,takes one to a lost eternity.

                                                          'Where will you spend eternity?

                                                          This question comes to you and me!

                                                           Tell me, what shall your answer be?

                                                           Where will you spend eternity?

                                                            Repent, and believe this very hour,

                                                            Trust in the Saviour's grace and power;

                                                            Then shall your joyous answer be,

                                                             Saved through a long eternity!

                                                                     Words E.A,Hoffman.

No comments: