verse of the day

Sunday 3 September 2023

Hope.( Colossians 1 v 27) 2

 Lets further consider yesterdays message when Charles Templeton turned from being a Christian and became an atheist. Charles spoke to Billy Graham,the conversation went like this.'Billy ,its simply not possible any longer to believe, for instance the biblical account of creation.The world was not created over a period of days a few thousand years ago; it has evolved over million of years'.Billy went on to stress there were many scholars who didn't believe that, he then went on to say,'I believe the Genesis account of creation because it's in the Bible. I've discovered something in my ministry;when I  take the Bible literally, when I proclaim it as the word of God, my preaching has power.When I stand on the platform and say,'God says', or 'The Bible says,' the Holy Spirit uses me. There are results. Wiser men than you or I have been arguing  questions like this for centuries ,I don't have the time or the intellect to examine  all sides of the  theological dispute, so I have decided once and for all to stop questioning the Bible as God's word,I've decided that's the path for me''.  We read in Hebrews 11v 3 ,' By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible' Billy went on to faithfully preach the Gospel and many ,many lives were changed and transformed.were there was bondage ,people were set free,were there was despair came hope.How many lives has evolution changed?.The historical Christ death on the cross, and His resurrection, is the only message that grants us hope ,not just for time but also for eternity.

                                                          'How great is our God'

No comments: