verse of the day

Sunday 17 September 2023

Lets get real( John 3 v16 )2

Yes lets get real,I do not live in a Walter Mitty world,when I write my Blog I desire to be truthful,I am not being cynical ,I am seeking to be true to God's word. I do not think it is right  to stick my head in the sand like the proverbial ostrich.I was born in the 20th century,it was a century of tremendous change,but it was also a century of momentous, awful ,terrible violence.take the wars,Here are some of them the,Russo- Japanese war,the 1st World war,Boer war,Balkan war,Irish war for independence,2nd World war, Korean war, Vietnam war,need I go on. Then there is the genocide committed by different nations, by Turkey possibly 5 million Christians massacred,then we know about the awful terrible treatment of the Jews, the Khmer Rouge genocide in Cambodia,you get the picture,we live in a very violent world.I  realise this is not a happy message I am writing,but it is not made up ,I wish it was just fiction, but it is not.There is much  evidence of humanities fallenness ,it includes all of us,there are no innocent human being ,we are all part of it,to some extent. I continually stress that this world needs a Saviour, that means everyone ,and that Saviour is Jesus.The cross you may say is awful ,and it was,but it is Gods remedy,and the only remedy for humanities desperate condition and plight.It is your only hope,it is my only hope,we neglect it, to our cost,for judgement is coming.
                                                         
                                            'Believe on the Lord Jesu Christs and you shall be saved'.

No comments: