verse of the day

Saturday 2 September 2023

There is a way back. ( Joel 2 v 12 - 13 ) 1

Here is something I wrote before,about an evangelist an associate of Billy Graham his name was Charles Templeton. God mightily used  this man, But sad to say he turned away from God,Billy sought to reason with him, to no avail,I will touch on that next time.He later declared he was an atheist,wrote books that were anti Christian.He was interviewed  when he was 81,as regards what he had done,at the end of the interview he was asked,'How do you assess this Jesus?.His voice softened,his guard seemed to drop,he spoke in an unhurried tone,he said a number of things,'He was the greatest human being who ever lived, a moral genius, spoke of his great wisdom,his ethical sense was unique, and many other things.The reporter was taken aback and said,''you sound like you really care about Him. he stuttered,I know it may sound strange I adore Him''.his voice began to crack ,and he further said,''I.....miss ...Him!''.He was crying,but he pulled himself together,waved his hand and said ,''enough of that''.Very sad story, it is easy to  turn away form Christ, Peter did, but thankfully he came back.It could be that you have turned away from Christ,well you can come back, he still loves you,still pleads with you.These are the words spoken by Christ to a church that had gone away from Him,'Hear I am ! I stand at the door and knock.If  anyone hears my voice and opens the door,I will come in',( Revelation 3 v20 )Today if you hear His voice harden not your heart. 

No comments: