verse of the day

Saturday 23 September 2023

Shedding tears.( Lamentations 3 v 22- 23)

I was crying, yes a grown man crying, and I was praying,the tears  that I was shedding  where tears of gratitude to my loving heavenly Father for all his blessing, and all His care for me,I trusted Jesus early in my life,but I wandered away from Him shortly after,it is something I regret with all my heart.It wasn't till a week before my 20th birthday ,59 years ago, the Lord graciously restored me.So here I am now weeping as I look back on all my life,and the words of a song come o mind,'When I think  of all He's done,and for me the guilty one, can you wonder why it is ,I love Him so'.I think of how He has preserved me,even in my mothers womb,and when I was born I was premature, my mother had  another child after me called Bobby,he died. I think of where I was born,in Belfast, a place of many churches,so as a child I heard the gospel ,and as I said I trusted Jesus as my Saviour. But then the backslidden years, well the lest said about  them the better.From the restoration till now my life has been filled with many blessings but the most important one is Gods faithfulness,that means His presence,His patience,His provision, His promises,His power,and so it goes on ,and on,and on. Hallelujah.

                                                    'But  drops of grief can ne'er repay

                                                     The debt of love I owe;

                                                      Here, Lord,I give myself away;

                                                      'Tis all that I can do.'

                                                                Isaac Watts.

No comments: