verse of the day

Tuesday 5 September 2023

Surprise me. ( Philippians 4 v 4 -7 )

 It is Charles Bridges who said in relation to prayer ,''Let God be your first port of call'',I must confess  sometimes I don't.We do need to be reminded of what Charles says, I know I do,so I thank God  for this reminder.Let me just share something with you as regards prayer,recently my dear wife ordered a few items from a catalog ,she wasn't sure how to go about it,so she asked her sister to do it for her.It was only the next day ,she received a  text telling her it was coming but she noticed that our address shown on the text  was not  altogether  right ,and this caused her to be concerned, so I said to her let us pray about it,so I prayed and  asked God to sort things out. I had  go out for a while and when I came back  I went and had a shower,and as I was showering,I prayed,and asked God to answer my prayer,and that He might  surprise me .I got out of the shower and was dressing and I heard the doorbell ring,it was the items that my wife had ordered,Yes he did surprise me,and  my wife ,and then I reminded her that  we should pray and thank God, and that is what we did.

No comments: