verse of the day

Friday 29 September 2023

Luck,chance.? ( Isaiah 41 v10 )

 One morning recently I had a bit of a scare,I was in my car and I came to a junction,but there was a problem, people park their cars in such a way, that one cannot  see if it is safe to get out.Well I thought it was clear for me to pull out,and I was just about to do it,when a car zoomed by in front of me,if I had gone out a few seconds earlier,I would have been involved in a serious accident.should I put it down to luck?,or chance?,  no,I put it down to Gods providence, I believe He held me back  so that an accident didn't happen.While a lot of  people are blind to this , I'm not, I believe in God's sovereignty, it means God rules, and overrules in an all the affairs of my life,and in His providence watches over me, His child .I have been driving a long time ,yes I have had accidents,but no harm has befallen me,is that because I am the perfect driver? no it is obvious I'm not, but I have been in God's providence  a protected driver. oh yes I don't know what the future holds,but I know my times are in His hands (Psalm 31 v15 )

                                                    ' Plagues and deaths around me fly;

                                                     Till He bids,I cannot die;

                                                      Not  a single shaft can hit,

                                                      Till the God of love sees fit'

                                                              Words John Ryland

No comments: