verse of the day

Friday 28 April 2023

Why me Lord. ( Luke 18 v 9 -14)

The country and western singer  Kris Kristofferson went to a church with a friend, during the service the preacher asked if anyone was lost,to put up their hand,he was reluctant to do that,but suddenly he felt himself doing it.People were asked to come down to the front,which he did,he was asked did he want to receive Jesus,he wasn't sure,but all of a sudden he started crying,and he felt forgiveness.From that experience he wrote a song called ,'Why me Lord'. Here are the words of it.

                  '  Why me Lord,what have I ever done,to deserve even of  one the pleasures I've known?,

                     Tell me Lord,what did I ever do that was worth loving you,or the kindness you've shown.

                     Lord help me Jesus I've wasted it so help me Jesus,I know what I am,but now that I know

                     that I've needed you so help me Jesus,my soul's in your hand.

                     Try me Lord if you think there's a way, I can try to repay,all I've taken from you,

                     Maybe Lord I can show someone else,what I've been through myself

                      on my way back to you.

           Let me ask you the the same question that was asked to Kris, do you want to receive Jesus?

No comments: