verse of the day

Saturday 15 April 2023

Procrastination. ( Revelation 3 v 20 )

 I said to myself ,''I will do it later,then I said no I will do it now,and so I did,my wife can be a bit critical at times,when I say I will do it later,she very cynically, and very annoyingly'I suppose it will never get done'',as if. I ask myself the question are all wives like this?,well she may have a point.I suppose its possible, some things don't get done,we put off,and we put it off, but not today, I got over my procrastination spirit,and did it,I must tell my wife,but I don't think so,for she may say,'so what,do you want a medal?''Ah procrastination, the art of putting things off,Martin Luther said, 'How soon, ' not now ' becomes never'. People make jokes as regards procrastination like the following, , My mother always told me I wouldn't amount to anything, because I procrastinate,'I said ,'Just wait'.One can laugh at this but of course when it comes to salvation to procrastinate can be a very serious business. On one occasion the apostle Paul witnessed to a Roman governor (Acts 25 v 24 - 25) God spoke to him ,but he  resisted that ,and then he said to Paul,''when I have a convenient season I will call for thee''.In Isaiah 55 v 6, we read ,'Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is neat''.The whole point is the urgency, a limited time of opportunity. tomorrow may not come for you,take the opportunity now to trust the Lord.

                                                          ' Now is the day of salvation.'

No comments: