verse of the day

Sunday 9 April 2023

Death. ( 1 Corinthians 15 )

I had a birthday recently I was 79 ,my oldest son gave me a present of two books,one of them was called,'This Mortal Coil, a history of death'. I wonder if he is trying to tell me something?. One thing it did do was make me give up smoking, I joke I do not smoke, it made me laugh.Of course death is not  a laughing matter, but it is inevitable,but humanity is doing all they can to hold it back. I am reminded of the story how King Canute (who was also called Canute the great) is reputed to have tried to stop the tide come in, of course he didn't do that, he was a Christian, he was seeking to show were real power lay ,in God alone.In Revelation 1 v 18 we read of Jesus who holds the key of power of death and hell.Yes we cannot hold death back ,it will happen,what then? There are two destinies heaven or hell,we don't have to go to hell,and we can most certainty can go to heaven..When we trust Christ our sins are forgiven,and we are given eternal life, so it means when we die, we shall live again,in that wonderful future he has prepared for all those who trust Him.

No comments: