verse of the day

Wednesday 19 April 2023

If it is. ( 1 John 5 v 14 )

I remember a friend of mine telling me of an experience he had,when on one occasion he had  no money,he was hungry,and he did something unusual ,he went into a cafe and ordered some food,trusting God.   .When the food arrived he bowed his head and give thanks ,unknown to him there was a person  in that cafe who decided if he saw someone giving thanks for his meal,he would pay the bill, which he did.Now that was a one off experience, I am not advocating that people do what my friend did.That was his experience in God providing ,and we do believe that God will provide for our needs (Phil 4 v19), how he will that do  this is in His hands. When I was younger I went to Bible college,for three years,my wife and I had no savings,we then had three children,and so it was very challenging.Where we foolish? ,some people may have thought so, all I can say it wasn't easy, It did not stop there when I had completed my three years,my then wife went to Bible college for one year.That was our experience,I am not encouraging anyone to do what we did, we must be careful not to put God to the test ( Deut. 6 v 16)But if it is His will to step out by faith I believe God will meet the needs,it may not be that God will provide in the way  he did for my friend or what He did for my wife and I,He may,he may not. There was a young couple at the the same Bible college that I attended,they had to leave because they did not have the funds to continue.God has his reasons,for saying yes and saying no, both can be God's will and it will work out for the best if it is His will (Romans 8 v28 )

No comments: