verse of the day

Saturday 29 April 2023

Be careful ( Isaiah 6 v 5 )

My grandson whose wife is a teacher said of pupils that they are not very respectful towards to their teachers,respect is important.I  recently was on the London underground and people did offer their seats to me,because I am elderly, not all young people are disrespectful, but were it raises its ugly head it is not very nice.But let us consider reverence,it has respect to it,but it goes deeper especially to God. I believe God is the most friendly being in all the universe,friendship is a wonderful thing,I have a number of friends whom I treasure. We often sing ,'What a friend we have in Jesus', and it is true he is our best friend ,and the one who sticks closer than a brother,so much we can say about him. And of course He reflects that greater friendship we have with God Father ,and God the Holy Spirit,the blessed trinity. But we must be careful to not cross the line from friendship to familiarity,we must always treat Him with reverence.a reverence that sometimes is filled with awe, and even fear.A man in the OT crossed that line and suffered for that 2 Samuel 6 v 6 - 7 ) .D.R.Davis writes the following,'God's people tend to forget what sort of God they face. We forget that there is heat in His holiness. No we do not need to be terrified, but being scared  wouldn't hurt'.

No comments: