verse of the day

Saturday 1 April 2023

Grieving. ( 1Thessalonians 4 v 13 -18 )

I would like to share something by Dale Ralph Davis,which I hope will be helpful, on grieving,,'Sometimes in the church there is such an impatience with grief. Why isn't Allan 'over' Carol's death or Connie over Tom's since it's been eighteen months- why can't that mother get beyond the death of their ten year old. I do not deny  that believers may deal with loss in grotesque and twisted ways. However, the persistence of grief is normal not pathological. With passing of time the acuteness of sorrow may lessen but its ache remains. I recall a Christian woman in her seventies telling me that her husband had been dead thirteen years and still she felt the loneliness and missed his companionship. She was a well balanced  mature , joyful Christian woman. But she lost the person she loved, and in one way, she had never gotten over it. Nor should she. Great love has the greatest pain'.

No comments: