verse of the day

Monday 3 April 2023

Restraining Grace.(Matthew 6 v 13 )

 A  man called Blaikie wrote,'' It is a mark of sincerer and genuine godliness to be not less thankful for being  kept from sinning than from being rescued from suffering''. King David was very angry with a man called Nabal, so he strapped on his sword , and with 400 men ,set out to kill that man and his whole household ,but the wife of Nabal, Abigail intervened and persuaded him from taken that action,and David declared,  ' 'Blessed be Yahweh(Lord) who.....has held back his servant from evil'' 1 Samuel 25 v39'.As I look back on my long life I can remember so many times I could have sinned,but didn't as God held me back.We talk about God's saving grace,but what about His restraining grace'. It was Robert  M. M'Cheyne who penned the following words as to when we are in Glory,' Then ,Lord , shall I fully know,not then ,how much I owe'. God is forever watching over His children ,protecting them,preserving them, and restraining them, yes not till them,so true.

                                                     'When I stand before the throne,

                                                      Dressed in beauty not my own,

                                                      When I see Thee as Thou art,

                                                      Love Thee with unsinning heart,

                                                      Then ,Lord, shall I fully know,

                                                      Not till then,how much I owe'.

No comments: