verse of the day

Tuesday 11 April 2023

Little providences. ( 1 Kings 17 v12 -14 )

 I read this recently,'Little providences make big differences', I remember getting a puncture I hadn't changed a wheel for along while,and a man passing by took over and changed it for me,a little providence. As I look back on my life I see God intervening in small ways.God does that,it was a lost donkey that brought Saul in contact with Samuel ,and what followed was ,Saul became Israels first king.I remember many years ago we had absolutely no money,and we had two commemorated Churchill coins given us a few years previous by my wife's aunt,so we cashed them in.A similar case arose,we were living by faith, no money,but I had a bought a trombone a few years earlier,so we were able to sell it and get some money for food. I had tried many places to get into Christian ministry, I saw in a Christian magazine a church advertising for a minister,and lo and behold I got the job. During my time at Bible college we lived by faith that meant trusting God for our needs, we did not get a grant, during that time there was man in the church we attended called Jackie Dunbar ,and during that time he give me on a regular bases two pound .We should think of Gods providence continually , even in those,'little  providences' ,they can make a difference,yes a very big difference.

No comments: