verse of the day

Saturday 4 February 2023

The Bible ( 2 Corinthians 3 v 1 -3 )

 I am just beginning a study of the book of  Obadiah ,it is the shortest book in the OT,and I don't think I have heard a sermon preached from it.Many of the minor prophet are neglected,they are called called the minor because they are usually much shorter than the major prophets.I have just finished Amos,and I found it very profitable,Alec Motyer's book in the series,' the Bible speaks today', it was excellent and I would  commend it to you.Don't go along with those people who say they just read the Bible,and refuse to use other godly men's writing. Take it from me ,I have been to Bible college ,been a full time minister,read the Bible through many many time,and I still use and  appreciate all the God given help I can find.Seek to get an over all understanding of the Bible,the context of each book,its author, the purpose it was written. It is a wonderful adventure reading the Bible,don't rush your reading,enjoy it, make notes,remember its a living word given to us by our living God,and it reveals unto us a living Saviour, don't be afraid to use different translation,even though you may just prefer one translation.Read the bible everyday, memorise it,meditate on it,and above all else,live it out, to the glory of God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: