verse of the day

Friday 17 February 2023

Hudson Taylor. ( Matthew 9 v 37 - 38 )

 I would like to share with you something I  read recently as regards Hudson Taylor. He was the founder of the China Inland Mission, now known as the,'Overseas Missionary Fellowship'. He believed that the work in China needed a thousand new missionaries to be found in the space of five years for the work to be established. He took the matter to the Lord in prayer and shared his concerns with Christian friends. The task seemed impossible to some of his friends. So they asked him how he could imagine that so many people could be found in so short of time. His answer was simple and convincing. 'When I look at the map of mainland China  I cannot see how I could ask for less. And when I look at the promises of God in the Bible, I do not see why I should ask for less!

                                                            'Have faith in God'

No comments: