verse of the day

Monday 6 February 2023

Greater love.( Romans 5 v 10 )

Some people you do remember ,Sam Jackson was one of them,he was older than me,although he was brought up in the same street that I lived in, I didn't really know him when I was young.I don't even know what he worked at,but he was a Christian, he married a girl called Lila,and they had four children, I taught one of them in my Sunday school class.Sam was one of the leaders in a young peoples work in the church ,and then one weekend he and the young people went to the Mourne Mts. It was the next day I  heard  ,there had been a fatal accident,it appears that in a attempt to save his son from falling,he fell to his death.That was a very heroic thing to do ,our lovely Saviour said,'Greater love has no one than this;to lay down one's life  for one's friends',(John 15v13)I believe Sam did that in saving his son, he showed that greater love,but there is a greater love than this, when a person lays down his life for his enemies, that 's what Jesus did on the cross CP Romans 5 v 10.The fact is, before we become Christians we are God's enemies Jesus came into the world to save sinners- of whom I am the worse',said Paul (1 Timothy 1 v 15) .He did that for Paul , and He will do it for you ,even though you are His enemy, and ungodly ,turn to Him ,all of us were God's enemies,we were ungodly,  unrighteous,sinners,His death on the cross ,was, and is, the greatest manifestation of love ever shown. It was the apostle Paul who wrote,'God demonstrates His own love for us in this;while we were still sinners,Christ died for us'.

No comments: