verse of the day

Friday 10 February 2023

But I am weak.( Psalm 27 v 1

 What about tomorrow? ,I feel so weak,and God spoke and said,''As your days,so shall your strength be'' (Deut 33 v 25). In Psalm 68 v 35 we are told,'The God of Israel, He is the one who gives strength and power to His people'.If we are Christians let us remember without Christ we can do nothing ( John 15 v 6 ). How did Samson kill a young lion?, how did he do all those great feats that are recorded,was it because he was mister universe? ,no,we read,' The Spirit of the Lord came upon him ( Judges 14 v 6) Did  the apostle Paul accomplish all that he did because  of his upbringing, no he declared,'I can do all things through Christ,which strengtheneth me( Philippians 4 v 13)   Consider his words,''when I am weak ,then am I strong'' ( 2 Corinthians 12 v 12). We  humans, yes even those who are Christians are inclined to boast of what they have accomplished, and take the glory instead of giving God the glory.To enable us or to prevent us doing this God weakens us,with Paul it was a thorn in the flesh, with Gideon, God reduced his army to a pittance,to fight against a vast army,why?,so that they could not boast and say,'My own strength has saved me'.( Judges 7 v 2 )

No comments: