verse of the day

Wednesday 8 February 2023

Armchair General ( Matthew 19 v 21 )

 I am reading an interesting book,called 'The Armchair General', written by James Buckley,it takes the reader back to the 2nd world war,and highlights the  decisions that those in power had to make.For instance  Churchills decision to fight on,the author attempts to show what may have happened if he had decided not to fight on,and negotiated with Hitler. So the question is what would you have done if you were in Churchills place?,it is very intriguing, a bit of fun.Of course every day we make decisions, some people try to avoid making decisions,but even that is a decision,the fact is we cannot escape making decisions.A lot of decisions are not very important,others have a measure of importance,then others are very important.The whole subject is as I have said  all very intriguing,as I look back on my life,I suppose I can highlight some of the main decisions in my life, getting married,having children, learning to drive,going to Bible college ,coming to England as a minister,then working as a support worker with the mentally  ill.They are all important decisions,but by far the most important decision in my life,is when I trusted Jesus as my Saviour. That decision has had such consequences for me spiritually,morally, eternally,all bound up in the person of Jesus.You cannot go wrong when you put your trust in Jesus,it is a gain,gain ,gain decision.

                                                   'Blessed assurance Jesus is mine'

No comments: