verse of the day

Tuesday 3 January 2023

You are loved. ( Romans 5 v 8 )

 So Christmas is passed,and of course it was a time of giving and receiving of gifts. One of my sons give me a couple of gifts,aftershave and a nice pen ,which came in a lovely little silver {not real silver)casket which had these words on it,'Merry Christmas, Dad,much love ,John'. In  1 Cor 13, we are told of the importance of Love, in all that we do,the best gift God ever give was given out of love,that gift was Jesus (John 3 v16). Everyone desires to be loved,I praise God for his love, no one can say they are not loved,for God loves them.And it is so very sad that God's love is rejected by so many,it was Elizabeth Clephane who wrote

                                      'Upon that cross of Jesus,mine eyes at times can see.

                                      The very dying form of one, who suffered there for me;

                                       And from my smitten heart with tears,two wonders I confess;

                                       The wonders of His glorious love,and my own worthlessness.'

Yes we are loved by God who is love,let us who are Christians,rejoice in that love,and if your not a Christian, you can know and experience that love by accepting Christ as your Saviour.

No comments: