verse of the day

Saturday 28 January 2023

A staff to lean on.( 2 Peter 1 v 4)

 I have something from a devotional by L.B.Cowman, to share with you.

                                        Your rod and your stall they comfort me  (Psalm 23v 4)

I remember going out walking with my dad  and we both choose walking sticks that suited the occasion.As we have done this,I have frequently been reminded that the word of God is a staff.During the war ,when we were experiencing a time of discouragement  and impending danger,the verse''He will have no fear of bad news,his heart is steadfast ,trusting in the Lord'' ( Ps 112 v7 ) was a staff to walk with on many  dark days.When our child died and we were left nearly brokenhearted, I found another staff  in the promise''Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning''  (Ps 30 v 5) When I was forced to be away from for a year due to poor health, not knowing if God would ever allow me to my home ad work again,I chose this staff, which has never failed; ''For I know the plans I have for you...... plans  to prosper you and not to harm you,plans to give you hope and a future''( Jer 29 v11).

                                             ' Standing on the promises of Christ our King

                                              Through the eternal ages let his praises ring

                                              Glory in highest ,I will shout and sing, 

                                              Standing on the promises of God.

                                              Standing on the promises that cannot fail,

                                              When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail

                                              By the living word of God I shall prevail,

                                              Standing on the promises of God.

                                                       Words R.Kelso Carter.






0

No comments: